Ok so i dont understand what my family's deal is.
I went over to my grandmas house to eat dinner today...after dinner everyone is sitting at the table just chatting and my grandma says "so are you even planning on goin to college, or hav you just givven up on that?"
I was like "what the hell?" "yea im gonna go to college but i was gonna wait till Makayla is old enough to be in a daycare and i can actually afford it."
"I want to get my music education degree so that i can be a music teacher."
My grandma says, "why dont you look into nursing?! It would be so much better for you and you would make more money."
I said, "I dont want to be a nurse! I want to be a teacher!"
She says, "Well i heard that ATI has training courses and you can get a nursing degree within half the time it would take to get it at any other college, why dont you do something like that it would definitly make us more proud."
I said, "I dont want to be a nurse, thats not where my passion is, i want to be a music teacher!"
And she has the balls to say, "who cares about your passion? you wont get anywhere with music, you dont even sing well."
I was like "what the fuck!!!"
It just pisses me off when they do stuff like that! I dont give a crap if they want me to be a nurse, i dont want to be (im to squimesh for that anyway).
Its just not fair, why cant they support me for who i am and what i want to do with the rest of my life?! Just because i got married and had a baby before i turned 20 dont mean shit!!! But they hold me down with it, like they think since that happened ill never hav a stable job, or ill never get a college education, or ill never be as good as them! And thats just utter bullshit!
I think that they want me to be upset that i hav a husband and a baby at my age, and thats just not gonna happen. Iv never been happier then i am right now! I dont know what i would do without Jace and Makayla! I feel complete now that their in my life, and i would never change that or take it back for the world!
But i mean they hav always been like that, and i doubt its gonna change anytime soon, i guess all i can do is grit my teeth and bear it and just try to tune them out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Here's the Quotation for Monday, December 8, 2008
The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at doing what they most enjoy.
Malcomb S. Forbes
(1919-1990, American Publisher, Businessman
)
This was the "quote of the day" in my email today--I think it was meant for you....
hang in there, sweetie...
Post a Comment