Ok so you know that my granny fell and broke her shoulder in 3 places and borke her knee.
Well they took her to the hospital and they were thinking about doin surgery but cant bc shes so old and has such bad heart problems, so they sent her home with hospice...they said what usually happens is they will get a blood clot bc they cant get out of bed, well the other day my granny threw a small blood clot that made her have a small stroke. So now you kno she broke her right shoulder and right knee but used to be able to move her left arm and left knee, well the stroke affected her left side, so now she cant move her left leg at all and she has no control over her left arm it just kindof does its own thing, and she already cant see very well, so the other night she was in her room by her self and we hav a baby monitor to listen out for her, and were sitting in the kitchen eating and all of a sudden we hear her say, "dont poke me in the eye!"
but there wasnt anybody in the room, she poked her self in the eye but since she cant feel/control her arm and cant see very well, she thought someone was in the room doin it.
I just feel horrible bc this is the granny that i grew up with and was really close to, she watched me when my mom went back to work after having me, and for the first few years of my school life my mom didnt get off work early enough to pick me up after school so my granny did and i would just stay at her house till my mom got off work.
She used to pick me up and take me to her house, fix me and sanck like peanutbutter and jelly sandwhiches and koolaid. And i would sit at the table and eat with her. We would just do things to spend quality time together, lol like for example she tought me how to play black jack and poker lol.
Well the doctor says that what will prolly happen is that she will either keep having small strokes and one will eventually hurt her so bad that it takes her out, or she will have one big one that will take her out.
I think my mom is taking it harder then anyone else (she was the baby in the family)
shes been taking care of my granny for the past 5 years, bc she has congestive heart failure and diabetes, and glaucoma...so my mom has come over every morning and night for the past 5 years to get her somthing to eat, take her blood sugar, and give her insulin.
And im torn, i dont want her to leave us...but i cant stand seeing her in all the pain that shes in, i love her so much!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
aww tiff,
I am so very sorry that your family is going through this. I'm here anytime you need to talk, and I am alaways available on the weekends to watch makayla if you need to go spend some time with your grandmother, and I'll be praying for your family. love you girl!
I'm sorry Tiff. I know this is hard. If you ever need someone to talk to you, you've got my number. I love you and I'm praying for y'all!
Post a Comment